Tuesday 7 June 2016

Summer Bucket List

I had randomly planned some things I had to do before I turned 18. And since my birthday is in September, I have decided to complete what I consider to be the most important during the Summer.

And here it is:
1. Get my driver's license. This means studying for my theory test, completing at least 10 driving lessons and then passing my driving test.

2. Dye my hair. Really random but I want to try it just for the fun.Nothing drastic maybe even just a darker shade than my original hair colour. (BTW I have never dyed my hair and my hair colour is a really light brown.)

3. Read at least 7 books. It doesn't sound like a lot but it's a realistic goal. Before I started secondary school I used to read a lot of books. I used to enjoy the wind down time before I went to sleep. Now when I come back from school I spend hours doing homework and studying and by the time I have finished studying I'm way too tired to read.

4. Love myself. This may sound really...well...extreme. But it's not at all what your thinking! Lol. I am the type of person that really doesn't credit myself. I have extremely low self-esteem and I'm always putting myself down for the littlest of things. 

5. Treat myself. Again the selfishness is overwhelming. I am being 100% honest here when I say I have never bought anything for MYSELF over €30. And the only reason for that is that I never feel like I deserve it.

6. Break the rules. I'm not talking about having a complete rebellion but just to do something I usually wouldn't do. Sneak out. Get drunk. Put a banana in the freezer. Maybe I might try saying yes to everything for a day.

7. Take more pictures. I am literally the worst person in the world for taking pictures. Well maybe second after my mother. Lol.  When I am at some event (that I'd really like pictures of afterwards) I'm always too lazy to take any pictures. I ALWAYS regret this!

8. Print/develop pictures. When I was younger, like every other 90's kid taking a picture was such a novelty. My mother would always buy me a disposable camera when we would go on holidays. I would have most of the allowance used up on the journey. I have loads of photos that I would like to print that are currently on my computer. I don;t need to but like music I just prefer to have the paper.

9. Get my ears pierced. Don't laugh! Seriously I am 17 years old and I only got my ears pierced before Christmas just passed. I cleaned them as instructed and keep the studs in for the 6 weeks. After the 6 weeks were up I changed the studs but they made my ears really sore and so I removed them. No joke 2 weeks later, the piercings on both ears had completely closed up. Even to feel them you would have no idea they were ever pierced! But I really want to get a piercing on my cartilage on my left ear, re-pierce my lopes and maybe (maybe) get seconds.

10. Learn how to cook one dish. Without burning it or giving anybody food poisoning.

11. Social media/technology break. For a few hours every week to turn off my phone and my laptop and stay away from the t.v for my own personal well-being. This will help me focus on personal goals such as reading a book or to spend time on my artwork.

12. Finish decorating my room. Almost 2 years ago now, I revamped my room, with the help of my Dad. It was badly needed but I never made it ''my'' room. There isn't one picture to be seen or anything to mark the room as mine. I really want to change this over the summer.

13. Volunteer. Do something at least once a week that helps somebody else. Doesn't matter how big or how small it is. Just do it.

14. Finish a wreck this journal. When I was younger it was a trend to keep a journal. I have started one almost every year...even this year and i have not finished it. My goal is for this summer write in it every morning until the end of the summer.

15. Make a bonfire. Pretty self explanatory. I can then burn my journal at the end of the summer in style!

16. Make a scrapbook. I want to make a scrapbook for my family. My parents have a lot of pictures of us when we were younger all thrown into a box. I really want to make a book of all our favourite memories together. And it will be done!

17. Start a short story and actually finish it. I am always writing these stories in my head but never record it for it to be read again. My goal is to begin writing a short story about anything and finish it.

18. Follow  a healthier lifestyle. I am not really unhealthy but there are some things I could change to make it better. I want to create a fitness program. Nothing major but just a routine for everyday (and actually follow it this time!) and eat less junk food and more fruits and salads.

19. Send a message in a bottle. Really random and since I don't live near any lakes or rivers it will be hard to complete but I will do it.

20. Try out yoga. If I find it calming, helpful or relaxing in any way and if I like it I will make this part of my routine.

21. Throw away things you don't need. I'm not a hoarder but I am the kind of person who does keep the most random things ''in case I might need it someday''. Even though I know well that I will never ever need it.

22. Travel alone. Not foreign. But maybe just to the city to do some shopping or to visit a museum.

23. Buy a pair of Vans. I know its really sad.

24. Watch fireworks. This will definitely be one of the hardest to complete.

25. Buy a lighter. I've always been too scared to buy a cigarette lighter in case I get rejected because I'm too young. I'm going to buy one this summer. 

26. Get a sun tattoo. If you don't know what this is, it's a fancy tan line. Google gives a better description.

27. Play in the rain. This should be easy since I live in Ireland.

28. Get a descent handbag. Well the handle of my last one broke and the other two...well..okay yeah I need a new handbag.

29. Catch up for all the lost time in school. After all next year is my final year.

30. Don't waste a single day.  YOLO. Make memories. 

And that's pretty much it. There are other things I want to do and I will document them and most of this. 

If you have a Summer Bucket List please comment the top 5 things you want to do.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment